The Maldives is on the list of the most popular and beautiful travel destinations on the planet. You may have seen the photos of the stunning Islands of the Maldives. If you are planning a trip to these islands, we suggest that you keep a few important things in mind. By keeping these things in mind, you will be able to get the most out of your dollars spent in the Maldives. Read on to find out more.
In this article, we are going to take a look at a list of things that you may want to know about when visiting the Maldives. If you are planning a trip to visit the Maldives, this article will be quite helpful for you.
1. The Maldives consists of more than one thousand Islands. Most of these islands are owned by private resorts.
2. Most of the population of this country is Muslim. Therefore, you cannot buy alcohol in major cities in the country, such as Male. Similarly, you cannot bring duty-free alcohol with you. However, in summer resorts, you can buy alcoholic drinks.
3. The islands have beautiful beaches where tourists organize parties after the sunset. So, you may want to have fun with your friends after the sun goes down.
4. Island hopping is recommended by experienced tourists. In other words, it is not a good idea to stay on one island and spend your vacation there. Therefore, it is a great idea to try more than one Island.
5. The great thing about the Maldives is that you can swim with peaceful whale sharks. As a matter of fact, you can see them around the Islands. There is no guarantee, though. The best time to go there is between June and September. These are the months when you can enjoy seeing the Manta Rays.
6. Visiting the Maldives is like visiting Sri Lanka or India. What the good thing about the Maldives is that it offers the same degree of enjoyment but at lower rates. So, if you are far away from Sri Lanka or India, you can visit these islands instead.
7. Another great thing about these islands is that they have almost consistent weather throughout the year. In some months, it rains but it does not continue throughout the day. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy the sunshine on the same day it rains.
8. The peak season to visit the Maldives is between December and April. However, if you are on a budget, you may not want to go there during the peak season.
9. If you want to get the most out of your trip, we suggest that you hire the services of a local guide. This will also be a great choice if you have never been there before.
10. After you arrive at the airport, you’ll still need to get on a boat or seaplane to get anywhere else.
So, this was a list of a few important things that you may want to consider before you visit the Maldives for the first time.
Source by Shalini M
CoolArticleSpinner.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.