Akita is a modern, business theme that comes with all the awesomeness you’d expect from a theme built on the Theme Blvd Framework. Desgined for every device, and compatible with all exclusive Theme Blvd plugins, Akita will have your client’s site up and running in no time.
Whether your website visitors are browsing from a Retina MacBook Pro, a Retina iPad, or any of the other high-resolution devices that inevitably will come onto the market, this theme has you covered. The theme’s stylesheets automatically check each website visiter’s device pixel-density ratio, and then serve up all of the theme’s details crafted for their specific resolution. The result is a graphically beautiful experience, no matter the device.
The entire theme, all the way down through the Theme Blvd Framework at the core, has been carefully built around the modern era of responsive web design. No longer should we be concerned with specifically just the iPad or the iPhone, but we need to focus on the entire mobile and tablet experience, as a whole. That is the approach we take at Theme Blvd.
Make sure to view the theme’s live demo on your various devices and browse through all of the demonstrated features.
With complete WordPress Customizer support, just the right amount of Theme Options, and logical default values, you’ll be sure to have a unique site that stands out above the rest, without having to sift through an endless abyss of configuration.
Many of our display options are pretty standard throughout our themes utilizing the Theme Blvd framework. These include standard features like selecting a custom sidebar layout, implementing a custom logo, with the option for it to be HiDPI/Retina-ready, etc. However, where you will find this theme’s truly unique stylistic options are under the “Styles” tab. —
First, decide if you want to a apply a boxed or stretched layout. Then, you can use our theme’s custom background control to pick any of our transparent textures to go along with a custom color of your choice from the color wheel. Or, maybe you’re wanting to use a custom background image? Head on over to Appearance > Background and use WordPress’s built-in background control to override the theme’s background options.
From there, it’s time to checkout one of the features that subtly sets Akita’s design apart, and that is the textured block main navigation. Select from our 12 carefully crafted Primary Colors. This will determine the color of your main navigation along with the background of the “featured” area of your website’s homepage. And if you’re not a fan of Akita’s textured block-style menu, switch over to the “Classic” style menu, which is compatible with all 12 colors, as well.
Here is breakdown of each Theme Options page you’ll receive with the theme:
- Theme Options Tab #1 – Styles
- Theme Options Tab #2 – Layout
- Theme Options Tab #3 – Content
- Theme Options Tab #4 – Configuration
Popular Free Theme Blvd Plugins
Here are our most popular, free plugins that you’ll want to make sure and take advantage of to get the most out of this theme.
- Theme Blvd Layout Builder – Setup custom layouts for pages of your website.
- Theme Blvd Sliders – Manage custom, responsive sliders that can go just about any where.
- Theme Blvd Shortcodes – A wide variety of shortcodes.
- Usage Examples and Documentation: http://shortcodes.themeblvd.com
- Theme Blvd Widget Areas – Create unlimited sidebars and widget areas.
- Theme Blvd Widget Pack – A pack of essential widgets to use with your theme.
- Tweeple – A cool way to setup and display Twitter feeds.
Useful Free Theme Blvd Plugins
Here are some simple, useful plugins that have come through great buyer requests and suggestions.
- Theme Blvd Favicon – Manage your favicon and Apple iOS icons.
- Theme Blvd Featured Link Override – Set site-wide featured image links.
- Theme Blvd Featured Videos – Replace featured images with embedded videos.
- Theme Blvd Image Sizes – Adjust your theme’s image crop sizes.
- Theme Blvd News Scroller Widget – A widget that scrolls through posts.
- Theme Blvd Portfolios – Separate post grid items to a custom post type.
- Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link – Link a post to a page for modifying the breadcrumb trail.
- Theme Blvd prettyPhoto – Swaps default lightbox functionality for prettyPhoto.
- Theme Blvd Responsive Google Maps – Responsive Google Map shortcode.
- Theme Blvd String Swap – Quickly adjust text strings on frontend of your site.
- Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch – Adds basic compatibility with WooCommerce.
- Theme Blvd WPML Bridge – Full WPML compatibility. http://wpml.themeblvd.com
Here is the quick step-by-step guide for how this theme’s demo homepage was setup from the WordPress admin panel. You can find much more information on the following steps in great detail by viewing the documentation that came in your theme’s download package. Keep in mind this is only a quick step-by-step for the theme demo’s homepage and you definitely do not have to setup your site in this way if you don’t want to.
- Install the theme and the recommended plugins. (See video)
- Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage Displays, and make sure you’ve selected “your latest posts.”
- Go to Appearance > Widget Areas and create a new custom widget area. For its location, select for it to be a “Floating Widget Area.”
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add the “Search” widget to your new custom widget area along with the “Theme Blvd News Scroller” widget.
- Go to the Sliders page and create a custom slider.
- Go to the Templates page and create a new custom template. Use “Akita Homepage” sample layout as your template’s starting point. Configure your element settings. This includes selecting your custom slider in the slider element, and selecting the custom widget area you created within the second column of the Columns element. Then, save the template.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage, select to show a custom template, and select the template you’ve created.
For your reference, listed here are all of the image sizes that your images get cropped to when using this theme. If your WordPress installation already has many images uploaded, it’s best to run the Thumbnail Generator plugin after installing the theme.
- Slider Full Width – 960×350 (hard crop)
- Slider Staged Left/Right – 542×292 (hard crop)
- 1/5 Column of Grid – 200×125 (hard crop)
- 1/4 Column of Grid – 240×150 (hard crop)
- 1/3 Column of Grid – 320×200 (hard crop)
- 1/2 Column of Grid – 472×295 (hard crop)
- Small Thumbnail of List – 195×195 (soft crop)
- Small Square – 130×130 (hard crop)
- Smaller Square – 70×70 (hard crop)
- Smallest Square – 45×45 (hard crop)
NOTE: If you require changes to these image sizes, you do have options. Learn More
We handle all support over at our support forum. Here’s how to get access with your purchase:
Listed here all of updates to this theme and when they were posted. In your WordPress admin panel, you can see what version of the theme you’re using by going to Appearance > Themes and looking at the version number next to the name of the theme.
- 2.1.18 – April 20, 2018
- 2.1.17 – January 18, 2018
- 2.1.16 – August 4, 2017
- 2.1.15 – August 2, 2017
- 2.1.14 – April 18, 2017
- 2.1.13 – January 18, 2017
- 2.1.12 – June 21, 2016
- 2.1.11 – December 11, 2015
- 2.1.10 – August 8, 2015
- 2.1.9 – August 7, 2015
- 2.1.8 – April 24, 2015
- 2.1.7 – April 21, 2015
- 2.1.6 – January 26, 2015
- 2.1.5 – November 26, 2014
- 2.1.4 – May 3, 2014
- 2.1.3 – April 7, 2014
- 2.1.2 – March 24, 2014
- 2.1.1 – March 7, 2014
- 2.1.0 – February 18, 2014 – Read here before updating to 2.1+
- 2.0.3 – November 4, 2013
- 2.0.2 – August 19, 2013
- 2.0.1 – August 8, 2013
- 2.0.0 – August 5, 2013 – Read here before updating to 2.0+
- 1.1.5 – August 15, 2012
- 1.1.4 – July 2, 2012
- 1.1.3 – June 2, 2012
- 1.1.2 – May 25, 2012
- 1.1.1 – May 12, 2012
- 1.1.0 – May 7, 2012
Most popular item by Theme BlvdSource
CoolArticleSpinner.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.