You are not less than the most blessed person on earth if you have a cute little baby. But we can’t forget that raising a newborn child is hardest. There are some difficulties that every parent has to go through in order to raise their child healthily.
One of those difficult tasks is how to put a newborn baby to sleep. It is no surprise that newborns do not have any sense of night and day. They sleep whenever they feel like it, and they wake up when their tiny stomach wants more of the milk, no matter the time.
But for parents, it can very hard to cope up. They often sacrifice their sleep and schedule in order to keep their baby satisfied. So here is how to put a newborn baby to sleep.
How To Put A Newborn Baby To Sleep?
Let’s be real, newborns cannot be forced to follow a proper schedule. For the starting weeks or couple of months, parents have to compromise with the newborn’s schedule. Because it may take weeks for your baby to finally make sense of day and night.
Although, there are are no tricks to bring the newborn baby to the routine speedily, but here are somethings following which you can learn how to put a newborn baby to sleep.
1. Try to keep the light as low as possible. It will hint your baby that wake-time is over.
2. Parents must not talk or play with the baby when they are trying to make them sleep. Resist the urge to be playful. It will send your newborn a message that now is the time to sleep.
3. At night times, settle your baby in the crib, and move away. Being in a crib will let your baby know that this is the place to sleep.
4. Never try to keep your baby awake during the day in the hope that they will sleep better at night. If they get overtired, it will be harder to make them sleep.
5. Though if the baby is fussy, it is okay to rock, cuddle or bounce them to settle them down. Singing can also soothe a newborn to sleep.
6. Swaddling also helps with the fussiness, wraps them in a light blanket.
7. Following all these things, your newborn baby would be able to sleep fine during the night.
For the safety of your newborn baby, do not share a bed with them – though you can share the room and put them down in a crib instead of a separate nursery. Do not put anything else in the crib, like a toy, pillows, etc.
Always put your newborn baby down on their back, not the stomach or side. Never forget to use a firm and even sleep surface, it will help them sleep better. You must consult your trustworthy doctor to get the solution for how to put a newborn baby to sleep If following all these things is still not helping with his sleep.
Source by Anthony M Langley
CoolArticleSpinner.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.